Arm pain is a common health condition that may be caused by problems ranging from joint injuries and compressed nerves to ligament strains and bone fractures. Chronic arm pain may also be a sign of referred pain; meaning, an underlying condition from a separate part of the body could be causing discomfort and inflammation in the arm.
Arm Pain Symptoms
Depending on the cause, patients may develop an array of arm pain symptoms, some of which may include:
- Pain that ranges from a dull ache to shooting pain
- Severe pain and swelling in the affected pain
- Difficulty moving the arm
- Pain that doesn’t improve with conservative therapies
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arm