ARIZONA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Pain Center staff can answer questions you may have about an exam or procedure. Review our answers to more frequently asked questions below.
If you require further assistance, contact our office between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
In the Phoenix/Prescott area, call 623.516.8252.
In Tucson, call 520.333.4030.
What is The Pain Center Patient Portal?
- Our secure Patient Portal website makes it easy for you to manage your care with us. Once you set up an account, you can conveniently:
- Request and confirm appointments
- Fill out forms to save time
- Communicate with our staff about appointments or results
- Send a secure message to your provider
- Pay your bill online, and much more
You will receive a ‘Portal Access’ email before your first appointment, or you can request an account directly on the Patient Portal homepage.
How can I set up a Patient Portal account?
- It’s easy to request a Patient Portal account. Once you have given us your email address, you will receive an email with the subject line ‘Portal Access.’
- To set up your account, click the portal link provided in the email and follow the instructions.
- Use your email address as the User ID in the Login section in the top right corner of the portal along with the temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password.
Please note, occasionally the email with your password will appear in your junk or spam folder. If you have any issues, contact us and we will assist you.
I forgot my username.
- Your User ID (or username) is the email address you provided when you set up your Patient Portal account. Call us for help if you continue to receive the username/password error message.
I forgot my password.
- Click ‘Forgot Password.’ Enter your User ID/email and the anti-spam code to have a new password emailed to you. You can also contact our office in Phoenix/Prescott at 623-516-8252 or Tucson at 520-333-4030 to update your password.
I received a message that my email is ‘in use’ when I tried to create a Patient Portal account.
- If you gave us an email previously, or receive emails from The Pain Center clinic, click ‘Forgot Password’ and follow the instructions to set a new password.
- Each Patient Portal account requires a unique email address. If you share an email with someone and they have a portal account with The Pain Center using that same email address, you will need to enter a different email address to set up your personal account. If your email is not associated with another account, contact The Pain Center in Phoenix/Prescott at 623-516-8252 or Tucson at 520-333-4030 to verify the email on the account before creating a new one.
I received a message that my Date of Birth (DOB) is incorrect.
- If you receive the message that your DOB is incorrect, please call our office at in Phoenix/Prescott at 623-516-8252 or Tucson at 520-333-4030 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
I need to view a new document in my Patient Portal account.
- When you receive an email informing you a new document is available on the Patient Portal, you can see it on the Documents page in the left hand navigation. Click the 'Document’ file. Once the page loads, you can see documents sent to your portal within the last two months. To see a document sent more than two months ago, change the date range at the top of the page.
Is my health information secure on the Patient Portal?
- The privacy of your personal health information is important to us. Our Patient Portal is HIPAA compliant, encrypted and password-protected to secure your medical records and communication with your provider. Do not share your login information. Through portal monitoring, we protect access and watch for any unusual activity on the portal.
I need access to my recent results, including images, on the Patient Portal. Can I do that?
- Only your Clinical Visit Summary is available on the Patient Portal. No other records are viewable. If you need access to your results or imaging files, please contact our Medical Records department at 623-241-6153. An Authorization to Release Medical Records form can be found in ‘Patient Information’ on our main website. Fill out the form and fax it to 623-241-6041.
My doctor has requested my medical records.
- Please sign an Authorization to Release Medical Information form available on our main website. Click the link above or click ‘Patient Information’ in the top middle of the page then select ‘Forms.’
I attempted to request an appointment on the Patient Portal, but it failed.
- Patient accounts in certain statuses cannot request appointments. Please call our office in Phoenix/Prescott at 623-516-8252 or Tucson at 520-333-4030 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can schedule the appointment for you and verify your account status.
I want to complete my forms online before my appointment.
- Login to the Patient Portal and click on the ‘Forms’ tab on the left hand side of the screen. Once on this page there will be a section of instructions at the top. Follow the instructions to be sure you complete the correct form(s). Please plan to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment to complete your check in.
If I am unable to complete my forms online, will my answers be lost when I log off?
- Be sure to click ‘Save and Finish Later’ before leaving the site. The information will not be saved automatically. For the forms to be ready for your appointment, you must click ‘Complete’ once you finish filling out the form.
The date of my last visit is incorrect in my Patient Portal account.
- Recent appointment dates will appear in the Patient Portal once the billing is complete for that visit. If you need access to your Clinical Visit Summary, contact our office at 623-516-8252 for the Phoenix/Prescott or 520-333-4030 for the Tucson clinic.
I want to sign up for ezStatements.
- To request ezStatements access to see recent Pain Center statements, log onto the Patient Portal. Click ‘Settings’ in the left hand navigation. Choose ‘ezStatements’, and click ‘Update’ to complete the request. If you meet the criteria to receive a statement, you will receive ezStatements in your portal account under the ‘Billing’ tab during the next statement cycle.
I received an error message when I tried to sign up for ezStatements
- Patient accounts with certain statuses are not able to sign up for ezStatements. Please call our Billing Office at 623-241-6169, and we can help you get set up for ezStatements and determine your current status.
I cannot see my statement on the Patient Portal.
- To view your statement on the Patient Portal, the following two things must have been true before the statement period in question:
- You are signed up for ezStatements
- You have a balance over $4.99
Please call our Billing Office at 623-241-6169 if you have questions about your account.
I am signed up for ezStatements, but I cannot see my statement on the Patient Portal.
- We do not send statements for balances $4.99 or less. If you believe your balance is higher or this is an error, please call our Billing Office at 623-241-6169.